Sunday 13 August 2023

Crafting with Kids

I absolutely love summer break. I love spending time with my kids up at the family cabin. And in true crafters style we probably pack and bring more in the way of craft supplies than we do food and clothes combined 😂. But summer evenings when we aren’t outside sitting by the fire are for those of us who craft to be able to hang out all together at the kitchen table doing whatever craft fun we want. When the kids were young this was a time for them to experiment on their own and learn from us. Now that they are pre-teens / early teens it is a chance for them to relax and just play. 
My daughter has so many joys crafting and she loves to experiment with so many different mediums. 
Here is a magnet set that she created when she decided that the fridge needed a new set of summer magnets. 




I love how she just went and raided the stamp box and then made it all her own. I may need to take some lessons from her and how she adds those beautiful touches with the white pen. 






Perhaps I have created a craft monster? Oh well. I’m ok with that. 
I am entering her creations in the Simon Says Stamp children’s Summer Challenge. What a great opportunity for kids. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh WOW!! these are just gorgeous! You definitely brightened up the fridge door Kiri!! Fabulous coloring! I love these!! :-)
    Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Kids Summer Vacation Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiki, I love that you made refrigerator magnets! So fun to move them around and create fun scenes, very cool! Thanks for sharing at our Simon Kids challenge , Maura

    ReplyDelete