Monday 14 August 2023

Another Crafting with Kids

As a teacher, mother and crafter I am always saddened to see schools doing less in the way of arts. I think art classes into high School can be such an important time to teach crafty and artistic students new mediums. As the arts disappear more from our local school as a parent I try to open up more art opportunities for my kids - and I am very glad I do. It is always great to see what they can create. 



I don’t draw freehand - it has never been my thing. All I draw is stick people so my girls definitely didn’t get their drawing or painting abilities from me. It must have come from their grand mother. But here is a beautiful piece that my 13 year old created and then turned into a book mark. I am hoping that she gifts it to me 😉 - color me impressed! 



3 comments:

  1. Hi Kiri! Your bookmark is so beautifully colored, and I love all the bright colors you used. I always like to have a bookmark handy, and yours is special - you really drew a fantastic eye! Thanks for sharing it at our Simon Says Stamp Summer Kids challenge, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW!! what a gorgeous bookmark Kiri! Your coloring is amazing and I love the fringe, the whole design is just stunning!! It looks like you will have to make another one for your Mom! ;-)
    Thanks for joining in with the Simon Says Stamp Kids Vacation Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, what a fantastic bookmark!!
    I am sad too because of less and less art in schools ...

    ReplyDelete